After you have read Chapters 10 through 21 in Freak the Mighty, respond to either questions 1 and 2 or questions 3 and 4 below. In addition to either question 1 or 2 you must also do question 5. If you wish to, you may answer all five questions. Remember to write in complete sentences and proofread your writing before you submit your comments to the blog. Be sure to use your first name only.
1. Describe Max and Kevin’s adventures/quests. Why do they enjoy them so much?
2. Describe a favorite adventure/quest of yours.
3. Friday the Thirteenth was quite a day for both Max and Kevin. Describe the day for each boy.
4. Describe a “Friday the 13th” (a really bad day) of yours that you feel comfortable sharing.
5. Chapter 15 describes the Christmas Eve celebration at Max’s house. If you had to give each character a present, what would you give to each of them? Include Max, Kevin, Gwen, Grim and Gram. Explain why you chose each gift.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
44 comments:
3. Friday the Thirteenth was a quite a day for both Max and Kevin. For Max, he got called to the office and was asked by the principal something about his dad, who Max absolutely hates talking about. For Kevin, he chokes on his chop suey and had to go to the hospital.
4. A “Friday the Thirteenth” day for me was when I lost my reading homework in 4th grade. It was a weird day because the night before, I had a dream about losing my homework. That day, I felt really sad because I wanted to turn in my homework every time and not miss any.
5. I would give Kevin a gift involving robots, like a remote controlled one because Kevin is obsessed with them. For Max, I would give him a pair of especially made shoes because he doesn’t like shopping and there are no shoe sizes big enough for him. If I was giving to Grim, I would give him a toy because he really is like a kid. For Gram, I would give her a bracelet because most grandmas like to wear jewelry. Finally, I would give a cell phone to Gwen so she wouldn’t be worried about where Kevin is.
1. Max and Kevin like there adventure quests because it’s an adventure to find more about freaks dad. Also like the adventure.
2.My favorite adventure quest was in outdoor Ed. When we went on the night hike, on the lone walked I got a bit lost but I found my way.
3. If I had to give Max a present it would be a bike so he could carry Kevin around in it. If I had to give Kevin a present it would be a calculator because he is really smart. I would give Gwen jewelry I would give grim a picture of freak on Maxes back because Grim is really protective of Max. I would give Gram the same think I gave
3. On Friday the Thirteenth Max had a hard day. It started off in school. Max was just called to the principal’s office, where he receives bad news about his father. Later at lunch Kevin has an allergic reaction to the “chop suey”. For Kevin it also started at school. After being diminished by a teacher his friend Max gets called to the office. At lunch, he eats his fill of the delicious “chop suey”. Unfortunately, the chop suey doesn’t sit well (he has an allergic reaction) and the ambulance takes him away.
4. On some date I can’t remember I had a hard day. I was getting in the car to go to school and we saw we had a flat tire. So, I walked to school. On my way, a bus hit me. JK!! I walked to school and was late. It was rainy so I had to watch the second graders at recess. The kids got in a miner fight. After school my mom and I went to pick up Carlo from BHS. A car hit him. NO JOKE! But the car was going slow and he was fine. Right now, I can’t think of a worse day. I must be lucky. Oh, and I like Friday the Thirteenth, I get to scare my friends.
5. If I had to give Max a present, it would be a new par of shoes, his size. For Kevin, it would be a new encyclopedia but in the back I would add a picture of him because I think it would make him feel special. For Gwen, something fancy like jewelry or a dress because she is so pretty. For Grim, a real piece of coal because he never got one. For Gram, something homemade because that would be sweet.
1. Max and Kevin's adventures are the modern round tabl. They are two friends that have quests in the real world. They always have crazy and funny adventures. With Max's pure size and Kevins brain they are a great team.
2. My favorite adventure is when Freak the Mighty returned the purse to Loretta. I enjoyed this quest because it was a challenge and Kevins new invention to get the purse out of the storm drain.
5. If I had to give each character a present this is what it would be. I would give Max a new pair of shoes in his size. I would give Kevin a brand new giant dictonary. I would give Gwen a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses to go with her new scarf. I would give Gram a book that says 101 new sauces. Finally, I would give Grim a story book for all occasions.
1. There adventures always seem to have to do with them going (walking) somewhere and using their imaginations to make it seem like they are slaying dragons and accomplishing quests. I think they enjoy it so much because they seem to really like knights and slaying dragons and accomplishing quests.
2. My favorite quest was when they retrieved and returned Loretta lee’s purse. This was my favorite because this quest unlike the others dealt with a more serious and realistic problem.
5. I think that max’s Christmas Eve celebration was somewhat exiting and somewhat normal. If I had to give a present to every character I would probably give grim some type of clothing he might like, I would give gram some cooking tools or clothing, I would give max a book, I would give freak (Kevin) something high teak and maybe robotic, and finally I would give Gwen some type of stylish clothing.
1. Max and Kevin fight off gangs and look for treasure on their adventures/quests. They enjoy their adventures/quests so much because they like to think about themselves as Freak the Mighty. They also have a lot of fun.
2. A favorite adventure/quest of mine is when I went on the night hike at Outdoor Ed. I was scared at first and I kept on almost stumbling on bumps and things like that. However, it was still a lot of fun in the end and it was a great experience I treasure.
5. I would give Max a giant dictionary because that way he could learn words he doesn’t know like Kevin. I would give Kevin a robot knight because he loves knights and robots. I would give Gwen a locket with a picture of Kevin, so that way she can remember him. I would give Grim a new coffee machine because he likes coffee. I would give Gram a cookbook so she could cook new things.
1. They enjoy the quest so much because it was nice to have variety every so often.
2. One time I went on a quest. I called it Trick-or-Treating. It is when you go house to house wearing a costume and you get candy. A lot of other kids and I do it every Halloween.
5. If I gave Max a present it would be a new pair of shoes that fit him. I would give Kevin a chemistry set. For Gwen I would give her a beanie because beanies keep your head warm. Gwin will get a coffee grounder so he could make dark coffee. Gram would get a plate of cookies because almost all grandmas like cookies.
3. Friday the Thirteenth was a bad day for Freak because he started choking on his American Chop Suey, he almost passed out and had to be taken to the hospital. It was a bad day for Max as well because he got sent to the principal’s office and they wanted to talk about his father getting out of prison. That made him feel really bad and he sort of freaked out. Then he blacked out and wound up on the floor in the corner of the principal’s office and the nurse had to come in to help him.
4. On my eighth birthday, which is July thirteenth, and it was a Friday that year, I was at Walton’s Grizzly Lodge. I got a fever and it turned out to be swine flu. They had to take me to the emergency room in Reno and they gave me a shot. My Mom had to come and take me home. Our house at Tahoe was rented so to we had to stay in a Hotel. The toilet in our room was clogged so they had to keep the lobby unlocked so that we could use that toilet if we had to in the middle of the night. That was my eighth birthday on Friday the thirteenth.
5. If were to give the characters Christmas presents, I would give Max a pair of running shoes that fit because he’s always growing out of his shoes and he loves to run. I would get Freak an adventure backpack with a LED light, snacks, a Swiss Army knife with every attachment there is, a lighter and a first aid kit etc so he always is prepared for any situation. I would get Gwen a pair of beautiful, long dangling earrings because she likes beautiful things and she is beautiful. I would give Grim a coffee maker because he likes coffee and because whenever Max does something good he gives Max a cup of coffee. I would give Gram a G.P.S. so she would always know where Max is.
1. Max and Kevin have the weirdest adventures ever. However it’s a good weird. They fight gangs while having so much fun. They like to be known as freak the mighty.
2. When I was little I always went up to a little hill and pretend that I was digging for diamonds. They were actually volcanic crystals. They were awesome to find. I found like 60 of them once with all my friends. We thought we would become millionaires.
5. I would give Max a really big math book so that he can learn new things. I would give Kevin a really cool action figure that has to do with the future because Kevin loves action figures. I would give Gwen tape recorder that says I love you from Kevin because she loves Kevin so much. I would give Grim a really big sweater because he hates being cold. And finally I would give also give Gram a new sweater.
1. Max and Kevin’s adventures are like they are imagining that they are fighting dragons. They also try to discover new things and find treasure. They enjoy there adventures because they work as a team and both of then thinks that’s fun.
2. An adventure that I went on was when the 6th grade class went to Outdoor Ed. Everyone on this trip tried different things and it was a blast. We had such a great adventure and a great experience.
5. On Christmas Eve, I would give Freak a game about dragons and the medieval times. I would give Max a textbook so he could learn more. I would give Gwen some nice jewelry, Gram a jacket, and Grim a dog to protect Max.
2) My favorite adventure is exploring Downtown (aka my basement). Everything is dead, because there’s no food source. A long time ago, my dad and his brothers went down there and slept at the place overnight. Even if the rats were dwelling down there. It’s a cool place, complete with lighting and a table, yet since it’s still observed (indicating any signs of life, since it wasn’t explored for nearly thirty years) I highly recommend not visiting.
4) A Friday the thirteenth day for me was when there was a power outage. Up until I was seven, I always slept with the light on. So when I was Five, the lights started flickering. I thought it was Dad, so I told him to stop. Then, after ten minutes, the lights exploded, shattering a bright, iridescent, blinding light over me. Sparks flew everywhere, engulfing me like I was its prey. I screamed, only that no one could hear me. Then everything was pitching black. It was the middle of the night, so I couldn’t see. Then, after bumping into walls I saw a light. No, not the ones you see when you breathe your last breath, and your heart thumps for the last time, it was a small light, then the vague shapes of my mother, father, and little sister appeared. I was relived. After five hours, daylight came, and at 8:23, the light came on.
5) For Christmas eve, I would give Freak a small robot, and for Max, a eighth grade text book, Gwen, a tracking device for her to find Kevin when he’s lost or missing, Gram, and knitting or crochet kit, and for Grim, a ivory pipe.
1. Max and Freak’s quests always seem to involve knights or people from a long time ago. Freak rides on top of Max’s shoulders and together they depart on their journey to where ever they are going. In the process of their adventures, Max usually learns some new words from Freak’s dictionary. I think they like their quests because it gives them something to do that is interesting and entertaining. On their quests they have a chance to be themselves and express themselves. They can also learn more about each other and the world around them.
2. One adventure of mine was when we went to a pumpkin patch near Halloween and they had a really big maze. The maze was really hard and there were some doors made out of straw bales that you had to find and pass through. We got so frustrated about not being able to find exit that we started climbing on top of the straw bales. Doing that didn’t really help because the security guys saw us and told us to get down. Also we couldn’t really see the exit by doing that. Anyways, there were a few of these emergency exit doors that you could go through in case of an emergency, so my mom and I just decided to go through one of those.
3. I would give Max some school supplies so that he could organize his stuff better and be a better student. For Kevin, I would give him one of those little fake cars so that he could ride around in it and have Max push him. I would also give Gwen a book about little people so that she could take very good care of Kevin and understand his condition a little more. Grim would get a model plane to play with because he is sort of like a kid and Gram would get a knitting kit because it seems like old people like to knit.
1.) Max and Kevin enjoy them self so much because they both have never really had a best friend. They also like doing quests because they do it together.
2.) My favorite adventure was when I was with my friends in Tahoe. My dad threw us all in the snow and we all had a blast trying to get the snow out of our paints and jackets. After we were all came back to are house we made this huge sledding hill that slid across the street to the other side.
5.) I would get Max a comic book with all of their adventures, because he loves comic books. I would give Kevin a little electric car so he could drive himself to Kevin’s house.
I would get Grim a screwdriver and give Gram a lock so if Max’s dad tried to take him away again they could use the screwdriver to screw in the lock to Max’s door. I would get a Gwen a tracking device so she knows where Kevin is.
1) Max and Kevin's adventure that they went on was fun and they had a good time. They haven't really been on an adventure and they had a lot of fun using there imagination.
2) One of my favorite adventures was when i went to Safeway with a couple of my friends. After we went to Safeway we were looking for this candy shop but we finally realized we weren’t even close. Then when we figured out we weren't close we rode our bikes to Starbuck and each got a hot chocolate.
5) If I gave each of them a present I would probably give Max a phone so he can contact people. I would give Kevin a metal detector so that he can find things on his adventure. I would give grim a hammer and give gram a picture frame with Max in it. I would give Guen a check with so much money.
1. Freak and Max go on many quests throughout their friendship. Some of their quests are dangerous, exciting, and mysterious. Everything that happens during these quests they do together helping each other with every move. They enjoy these quests and adventures because it is something they can do together and both like doing. Freak and Max always are happy doing the adventures and quests together.
2. My favorite quest that I have ever done was when I was in Ohio on a sail boat with my cousin. We were going pretty fast and she pushed me out of the boat in the middle of Lake Erie. Then she started sailing away leaving me alone in the lake. When she finally came back after 12 minutes and I got in the boat, we accidently capsized right as I got in the boat and it was completely flipped over. After we got it upright we sailed back to shore.
5. I would give Max an “Ipad” so he can write down all his feelings, take photos, and download cool apps. Next I would also give Freak and “Ipad” for the same reasons. These gifts would be really useful for them. For Grim I would give him a new sweater which is a little bit different then the ones Gram usually gives to him. Then I would give Gram a photo album with photos of Max from different ages of his life. Lastly I would give Gwen a plane ticket to go somewhere really nice like Hawaii.
1) Max and Kevin’s adventures/quests are fun. They accomplish stuff like finding out who is Max’s dad. They enjoy their accomplishments because they learn stuff about people.
2) My favorite adventures/quests is when they find out who Max’s dad is because it’s interesting.
5) If I had to choose a present for each this is what it would be. Kevin would get a remote control robot. I would give Max a soccer ball because he likes to kick. Gwen would get a piece of jewelry. Grim would get a coffee machine, and I would give Gram a clean sweater because she probably like clothes.
1. Max and Kevin’s adventures are very exciting. They are filled with adventure and each one is better than the last. They go out into the real world and try to found out new knowledge. Through these adventures the boys learn more about each other and learn that they work really well together, almost like they feed of each other’s ideas.
2. An adventure that I had was when I went ding dong ditching, but it went wrong. I was with my brother and two friends and we did this one guys house. We had no idea who this guy was, so my bother rang the doorbell. We hid behind a car across the street the guy came out and got in the car we were hiding behind and we just started running. He chased us for like ten minutes, now this was a goose chase. Finally he just gave up, I never ran so hard in my life.
5. If I had to give Max a present I would give him a library card to the nearest library and tell him to go wild. I would give Kevin a dog because I feel like he would need a friend that is not “human.” I would give Gwen cooking supplies and a cook book because when Max went over for dinner, the meal was kind of plain. I would give Grim a gun because he knows what is right and if he wants a gun he should get one. I would Gram a knitting kit because she needs something that could take her minds of things and so she doesn’t worry about Max.
1. Max and Kevin enjoy themselves so much when they go on adventures because with both of them, they are Freak the mighty, which are both combined. Kevin would ride on Max’s shoulders and Max is very tall.
2. A favorite adventure/quest of mine is when I went to Outdoor Ed and went on the night hike because it was very dark and the hike where you went by yourself was challenging.
5. If I had to give Max, Kevin, Gwen, Grim, and Gram presents for Christmas Eve, I would give Max a book so he can read. I would give Kevin a college dictionary to study for new words, give Gwen a bracelet, give Grim a sweater for warmth, and Gram baking set because Grandmas like baking.
1) There quests are very adventurous and based on the middle ages. The reason they have so much fun is because they love being a team and enjoy every moment with each other.
2) One of my favorite quests was when I went to a huge dog park with my dog. It used to be an old war ground. This guy when he was throwing a ball for his dog by accidently threw his phone at the same time into a huge river. The only way to get to the phone was to climb this tree that went over the pond. I built this little tool that helped me get the phone unfortunately I fell in.
5) I would give presents based on all there interests. I would get Max a real Walkman so he will no longer have to use his fax one. I would get Kevin a knight armor to add more fun to his adventures. I would get Fair Gwen another copy that Max wrote about the adventures that Freak the Mighty had. I would get Grim new chess set to interest him I his free time. I would get Gram a sewing kit with some fabric so she could make new cloths for Max and Grim.
3. For max it is just a normal day but then he is eating at the table at school when freak is choking on something and is rushed to the emergency room. In Kevin’s perspective it is a day for an adventure. What he is eating as much as possible when he can’t breathe and is sent to the hospital.
4. A time I had a bad Friday the thirteenth is when I was on my trampoline and I bounced out of control and ripped through the netting and fell on the ground
1.) Max and Kevin’s adventures/quests are always very exciting. They enjoy the heir adventures/quests so much because when they’re together, they’re Freak the Mighty. Kevin believes as if he is the leader. He is the smartest of them all. Kevin really enjoys riding on Max’s shoulders since he’s really tall.
2.) One of my favorite quests was when I was at Disney Land and I saw Snow White. I was about to hug her when all of a sudden I see Sleeping Beauty. I start running to her and Snow White feels really bad and wants to cry. I don’t feel bad at all and hug Sleeping Beauty! My mom can’t find me and starts to freak out! ( By the way I was like 4 years old.) Then she sees me with Sleeping Beauty and quickly takes a picture of me with her. My mom was never so scared before and I wasn’t ever that happy before.
5.) I would give Max a picture book of all his adventures so he can remember all the adventures he did with Kevin. For Kevin I would give him an object detector so when he goes on adventures, he can find whatever he needs. I would give Gwen a locket necklace with Kevin’s picture in it so wherever she goes she will have him with her.For Grim I would give him a new coffee mug because he enjoys drinking coffee. Lastly I would give Gram some homemade cookies and the recipe because she likes to cook.
3. Max was brought to the principal’s office and had to see Freak swell up, and Kevin had his face swell up and had his breathing stopped.
4. A bad day I had was when I was almost asleep when I went to school and got homework right before the holidays, and I had to miss the holiday event the next day.
3. “Friday the thirteenth” for Max was bad. He went to school like any other day, but he had a slip of paper that called into the office. He fretted about it, thinking they will send him to the L.D classes. At that point his mind slipped, and he found himself in the corner of the room. But then the principal told him that it was that his father wanted to spend time with him, for parole. He hated that more. He went back to normal classes. Then at lunch Kevin had his “Friday the thirteenth”. He was eating American chop seuy, when he started to choke. They called the ambulance, and it was a rule he had to be examined once they call an ambulance. But he was better at that point.
4. A “Friday the thirteenth” for me was the day I got a cut on the leg. It was a huge gash, and I got it falling out of a tree. I fell, but then a broken branch cut my leg, then another broken tree branch caught my shorts, and possibly saved my life. I was at a camp when it happened. I went to the emergency. There they cut of my clothes and put me into that medical dress. I saw some fat coming out. In the emergency room, they asked me what movie I wanted to watch while the anesthesia took me. I chose The Lord of the Rings. I can remember just the beginning of the movie, then I had a weird dream I was playing tag with J.R. back at the camp, when I woke up. I was out in the hall, and was very dizzy. My mom and grandma were there. A drain was attached to my leg. My grandfather was also in the same hospital. I got crouches to help me, and went home. My grandparents flew from Orange County to see me, apparently my mom or dad called them to tell. My uncle told me to say a shark bit me!
5. For Max I would get him a book on medieval stuff, because he does those kinds of things every day with Kevin. For Kevin, I would get him a huge set to make stuff, with plenty of supplies. All because he can do great things with it. For Gwen I would get her a tracking device for Kevin, because she is always worrying about him. For Grim I would get him some war equipment from when he was a soldier, because he was in the army. For Gram I would get famous cooking books, and a photo album, because she probably does all the cooking, and would like a photo album.
3. Friday the Thirteenth quite a day for Max and Kevin because Max got called to the principles office to talk about his father (he hates to talk about him) and Kevin choked on American chop suey.
4. Friday the 13th for me was when I finish my swimming lesson long time ago but then I forgot my underwear (teehee xD) and my grandma wanted to go shopping for groceries so I had to walk around the grocery store without and underwear.
5. For Christmas, I would give Max a pair of stretchy, adjustable shoes so he can wear them longer and won’t have to buy new ones so often, for Kevin I would give him something to do with robots because he seems to really like robots, for Fair Gwen I would give her a book so she would be occupied and wont worry about Kevin that much, for Gram I would give she a cookbook full of all kinds of different foods so she could experiment with then and make even yummier food, and finally, for Grim I would get him a dart board because that would keep him busy and it can practice his aim.
3.Friday the thirteenth for Kevin was when he started suffocating and had to go to the hospital. For Max he found out that his father might get out of prison.
4.The worst Friday the thirteenth I can remember is when the computer systems went down at South.
5.I would get Max a awesome pair of shoes because most of his shoes probably aren’t cool because there is only a limited amount of shoes they make that big. I would get Kevin an awesome laser pointer so he could also guide Max with the laser pointer. I would get Gwen a new dress because she likes clothes. I would get Gram new china plates because I think she would like it. I would get Grim a new suit so he can look good.
1.Max and Kevin's adventures are escaping from Blade, retrieving Loressa's purse, and seeing the place where Kevin was going to get a new body. They enjoy them so much because it gives them something fun to do and it's exciting.
2.A favorite adventure of mine was when my family went to Tahoe and we found a hill near the side of the road that had a bump at the bottom. We decided to sled down on our toboggans, and it was really fun to go sailing off of the bump at the bottom.
5.A present I would give Gwen would be a cookbook because she seems to be good at cooking. A present I would give Kevin would be a book about knights and dragons because he really likes them. I would give Max a book, so he can learn to read better and I would give Grim a slingshot to make him feel more like a kid inside. For Gram I would give a mug with her name on it because she likes just about any present someone gives her.
3. Max’s day was very overwhelming for him. I think Max got mentally and emotionally hurt in this situation. Max got called to the office by his principal. He was nervous to go to the principal, since he didn’t know why. The gentle principal did not explain much to him about his father asking for something before Max had an emotional break-down. It was a moment that was extremely hard for Max to take in. In Kevin’s case, he was hurt physically. He choked on his American Chop Suey, and was sent to the hospital.
4. One time, on “Friday the 13th”, I thought my cat was lost. I looked everywhere in my house for her, but I couldn’t seem to find him. The, I heard a scratching and meowing noise at my closet door, and it turned out that he was locked in my closet. I was very glad that he wasn’t missing after all.
5. If I gave Kevin a present, it would be a science kit. If I gave Gwen a present, it would be an article of fashionable clothing. I would give Grim an interesting book. I would give Gram some beautiful décor for her home. Max was the hardest to think of, but I came to a conclusion. I would give Max a new pair of athletic sneakers, so that Max wouldn’t have to do the thing he dreads: going to the mall with his Gram.
3. For Max, Friday the 13th is quite a day for Max because he got called to the principal’s office, and got a note about his father. For Freak it was quite a day because he had an allergic reaction to the American Chop Suey.
4. A Friday of the 13th of mine is when I broke my thumb. ¾ of my nail was peeled of on the nail box. It hurt so badly.
5. If I had to give Max a present then I would give him a pair of nice shoes that would fit him for the rest of his life. I would give this to him because he always has to go out and buy new shoes. If I had to give Kevin a present then I would give him 2012 brand new dictionary. This would be for him to learn even more words. I would also give him some sort of really hard math game, so he could play it with Max, and help him with his math. I would get Gwen some lotion, to sooth her after a long day of looking for Kevin. I would get Gram some jewelry to wear, for when she goes to a fancy outing. I would get Grim a big fleece blanket for him to relax with.
1. Max and Kevin go great quests like going into the sewer to get Loretta’s purse and then giving it to her. They enjoyed them because after they completed their mission the probably fell well.
2. A quest I did was I was playing capture the flag air soft game. My opponent hid a tennis ball, which was the target, and he defended it. I ended up shooting him a getting the tennis ball and the win.
5 I would get Grim a 22. Rifle because he found put that killer Kane was out of jail so the gun would be for protection. I would give Gram a microwave because she is so good at cooking and it would make her a better cook and maybe a cookbook too. I would get Max a new pair of shoes because stores probably don’t have his size or at least not a lot of shoes. I would get Kevin a huge dictionary to make his vocabulary even better. Finally, I would get Gwen a cool jacket just in case she got cold.
1. Max and Kevin like their adventures because they can learn new things and discover new mysteries to solve. I like them because I like to imagine myself in their shoes, and what they are experiencing in person.
2. My best adventure was the night hike at out door ed. It was awesome, I like I was really on an adventure.
3. If I gave Max a present it would be a type of vehicle so that he could take Kevin around on more adventures. If I gave Kevin a present it would be a tutor so that he could get a lot better at school.
3. Friday the Thirteenth was a big day for both Max and Freak because Max got called to the office and found out that his dad got released on parole. On Friday the Thirteenth Freak was in the cafeteria and he stopped breathing but luckily Max noticed, got the nurse and the nurse called the ambulance but Freak was fine.
4. One day that was a Friday the Thirteenth for me was when I was in kindergarten we were leaving to drive to school we noticed that my mom’s tire was popped so we had to walk all the way to school and by the time we got there I was an hour late and my all messed up because we were running and the worst thing of all was that it was picture day!
1. Max and freak love going on adventures. They enjoy them because they love to use their imaginations. They are crazy and super funny to them.
2. A favorite adventure of mine is when I was at outdoor ed. And I was on the night hike and we were doing the lone walk and I could not find the person in front of me. A few seconds later I found Mr. O
5. I would give max a dictionary, Kevin a fiction robot book, Gwen, Grim and Gram matching shirts.
3. Friday the Thirteenth was a very exciting day for Kevin and Max. For Max, he got called to the principal’s office and got asked a question about his father, who he never speaks about. This made him feel very uncomfortable and caused quite a commotion. For Kevin, he choked on his American chop suey, and made everybody very worried. Thankfully, he recovered and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
4. A “Friday the Thirteenth” moment that I had was when I was six. During the summer everybody in my family woke up during the night, because we heard a noises that sounded like somebody was climbing up the side of the house and up onto my brother’s balcony. We called the police and they checked the house, but it turned out that the electric box outside had some kind of an explosion. We were all very relieved.
5. First of all, I would give Max a blank dictionary, so that he could look up his favorite words and write them down. That way, he would have fun doing it, and learn at the same time. Then, I would give Kevin a pair of stilts, so he could feel really tall. As for Gwen, I would give her a necklace with a picture of Kevin inside of it so that she can always have him by her side. Next, I would give Gram a bracelet with pictures of Annie on it, because I am sure she misses her daughter very much. Finally, I would give Grim a box with pictures of him in the war, because he is very proud of his time in the army. I would fill the box with things he can remember his past with.
1. Max and Freak go on lots of adventures that Freak makes up. He pretends that the adventures are really serious and they could be harmed in them or worse. They enjoy the adventures because they love exploring with each other and themselves.
2. A favorite adventure I had was during Outdoor Ed. on Thursday. We were on a hike for Dead Fred and Big Red when we had to do a pretty long lone walk. At first I was scared but I read the cards that were on the ground and I got there.
It was probably the best adventure I'd ever had.
5. I'd give Max a bike with a wagon attached to the back so Freak could ride in it. I'd give Freak a portable dictionary with every single English word in it so he could carry it in his pocket at all times in case he ever DID forget a word. I'd give Gwen a T-shirt and a walkie talkie, so she'd give Freak the t-shirt with a speaker attached to the back and Gwen would call Freak if he was out somewhere when she didn't know. I'd give Grim and Gram a t-shirt with a picture of Max on the front and the t-shirt saying "Were his guardians."
1. One of them they saved Loretta’s purse from the sewer. They like the adventures/quests because they have a good friendship and a bond so they enjoy being together.
2. This summer I went on a hike in Hawaii called swinging bridges and I broke my phone there but it was still fun going on a hike with my family.
5. I would give Max a computer so he could look up stuff that Freak tells him. I would give Kevin a gift card to a bookstore so he could have more books and have more knowledge. I would give Gwen a sweater because I think she needs a sweater for the winter. For Grim I would give him a gun so just in case Kenny comes into his house. For gram I would give her a family photo so she could remember the family forever.
3) Friday the thirteenth was a very bad day for both Max and Kevin. First, Max got called to the office to discuss his dad, (he does not like to talk about his dad.) He thinks he may have kicked the nurse but he is not sure. Then, Kevin chokes on his American Chop Suey and the ambulance has to come. That was not a good day for Kevin or Max!
4) A bad day I had was when I tried to dye the ends of my hair for red white and blue day. I was being stupid and I took the foil off my hair without asking my Mom for assistance. This made an enormous mess and the bathroom was very red! Both my mom and my dad were very upset and so was I. Also, it was a school night so I didn’t get much sleep. The bathroom is better now except one part of the sink, but it’s not noticeable. That day was a very bad day, but I like the way my hair turned out!
5) For Christmas, I would give Max a dictionary that has more simple definitions that are easy for him to understand because that is the way Freak explains things to Max and he likes it when Freak explains things to him. I would give Freak decorated medieval crutches because he loves medieval things. I would also give him a fake mustache because he likes the way it looks on him. I would give Gwen a pretty necklace and earrings. I would give Gram a spy monitor to put by Max’s room so she can check and make sure Max’s father doesn’t come and to make sure Max is safe. I would give Grim a book titled “Tales, Not Lies” it would be filled with stories similar to the ones Grim likes to tell.
3.Max and Kevin’s adventures/quests are exiting and thrilling. They also help find more about Max’s dad. They like their quests because they can look around the neighborhood.
2.I was with my brothers and I went to this big lower area at my house covered by vines. We went down and cut out all the vines and found stuff.
5. If I gave Max a gift I would give him a new par of shoos so he has ones that are his size. If I gave Kevin a gift I would get his a chemistry set because he likes science. If I gave Gwen I would give her a tracer so she could keep track of Kevin. If I gave Grim a gift I would give his a piece of paper coil because he seems to like them. If I gave Gram something I would give her a picture of Max so she can always see him.
3) Max and Kevin both had a bad day on Friday the Thirteenth. Max was sent to the principal’s office. While he was there the principal started talking about Max’s father which he hates talking about. Kevin was eating chop suey and he choked! He had to go to the hospital.
4) One time on Friday the Thirteenth I ate something that wasn’t good (I can’t remember what it was). Then, later that day I didn’t feel well. I had a really bad stomach ache. I just lay on the coach for the rest of the day. My parents said it was probably just food poisoning. The next day I was completely fine.
5) For Christmas I would give Max a computer so he can look everything up quickly and can learn lots of things. He will hopefully feel smarter. I would give Kevin a robot because he loves fantasy things like that. For Gwen I would give her a tracking device so she could always find Kevin. Grim I would give a box of pipes because he smokes them. Lastly I would give Gram a golden chandelier. She seems as if she likes fantasy things, especially to decorate her home.
1.) Max and Kevin’s adventures/quests are always very exciting. They enjoy their adventures/quests so much because when they’re together, because they’re Freak the Mighty. Kevin believes as if he is the leader. He is the smartest of them all. Kevin really enjoys riding on Max’s shoulders since he’s really tall.
2.) One of my favorite quests was when I was at Disney Land and I saw Snow White. I was about to hug her when all of a sudden I see Sleeping Beauty. I start running to her and Snow White feels really bad and want to cry. I don’t feel bad at all and hug Sleeping Beauty! My mom can’t find me and starts to worry.( By the way I was like 4 years old.) Then she sees me with Sleeping Beauty and quickly takes a picture of me with her. J My mom was never so scared before and I wasn’t ever that happy before.
5.) I would give Max a picture book of all his adventures so he can remember all the adventures he did with Kevin. For Kevin I would give him an object detector so when he goes on adventures, he can find whatever he needs. I would give Gwen a locket necklace with Kevin’s picture in it so wherever she goes she will have him with her. For Grim I would give him a new coffee mug because he enjoys drinking coffee. Lastly I would give Gram some homemade cookies and the recipe because she likes to cook.
3. On Friday the Thirteenth both Max and Freak had very bazaar days. Max got called to the principals office to be told that his dad got out of jail, a subject Max is very uncomfortable with already. Then just when Max returned freak choked on his favorite lunch, American Chop Suey.
4. One bad Friday the Thirteenth I had was when I was looking forward to skiing all week. We were going on that Friday the Thirteenth but we found out that one of our season pass blackout dates was through the weekend so we didn't get to go skiing.
5. For Christmas I would give freak three in one dictionary atlas and encyclopedia to improve his knowledge. For Max I would get a new pair of shoes specially fitted to his feet because it is always a pain to him to have to shop for those huge shoes. I would get Gram a picture frame with a picture of max in it because she cares a lot about max. I would get grim a empty photo album for him to put all his childhood and early life pictures in. Lastly for Gwen I would get her a psychiatrist to help calm her nerve.
1. Max and Kevin’s adventures are very fun because they are not just walking around in their backyards. They actually go out onto the streets and they leave the neighborhood. They have been chased by a gang, and max has been kidnapped by his father.
2. My favorite adventure was when I got lost while I was walking my dog. I got lost so I was wandering for almost one hour, then I found a Powells Candy store and I had twenty dollars with me so I just stayed at Powells until my parents picked me up.
5. I would get Max a new pair of shoes, I would get Kevin a new computer, I do not know what to get Gwen or Gram, and finally I would get Grim a coffee machine.
1. Max and Kevin’s adventures are interesting because the try to find out Freaks dad. Freak is curious and sometimes gets into trouble. They fight gangs and look for treasures. They enjoy their adventures because they use their imagination and have fun.
2. One adventure I went on was when I was with my sister and my sitter to go were my dad works in San Francisco. I was 6 and my sister was 9. My sister and I were looking out for Toyota trucks. We found one and then found another while we kept searching. Then after about 6 times my sister noticed that it was the same truck every time. The building was right there in front of us. We circled around it a bunch of time.
5. I would give Kevin a robot mechanical toy where you would have to make it with parts they give you. I would give Max a note book to write down feelings and emotions that he has and a digital camera to take photos of himself so he can remember his good times. I would give Grim a sweater that is nice and cozy for the winter. I would give Gram cooking tools so she can have more choses to choose from. I would give Gwen a cashmere sweater.
1. Max and Kevin enjoy setting out on adventure quests for two reasons. First, their adventures are fun because they are able to escape the boredom of every day life. Each quest involves a certain amount of excitement and sometimes they are even down right scary. These adventures also help them forget about their troubles and give them something else to concentrate on.
2. Last summer at Lake Tahoe, my cousins and I spent a lot of time diving around the boulders at Sand Harbor. We were exploring the area under water and looking for hidden caves. Sometimes we had to hold our breath for a really long time to determine if the cave was a dead-end or if it had an exit at the back. This was scary, exciting and fun.
3. On Friday the 13th, Max gets the news via the principle that his father is up for parole and might be getting out of prison. This is extremely bad news to Max but that is not the end of his frightening day. Kevin and Max are eating chopped suey in the cafeteria when Kevin stops breathing. After many stressful minutes, Kevin finally begins to breath again.
4. It was Friday, the 13th of February, and I was skiing at Sugar Bowl with Austin and Frick Carey. We were coming down Disney when I spotted an out of control snow boarder headed strait for me. I was able to think quickly and get out of the way but Austin forgot to look up the mountain and smack, the snow boarder took him down. He let out a blood curdling scream and I knew at that moment it was going to be a bad day! Two hours later, Austin was in surgery for a badly broken leg.
5. If I had been at their Christmas Eve celebration, I would have brought the following people the following gifts. Maxwell would have received a basketball because he's tall enough to be in the NBA and he could use the self-confidence sports can bring. Kevin would have received an even more advanced version of the rubic cube because it would be fun to see how quickly he could solve it. Fair Gwen would have received a day at the spa because every mom needs a break and I'm sure Kevin could be exhausting at times. Grim would get the Life Alert necklace because he getting up there in age and if Killer Kane showed up, he might go into cardiac arrest. Gram would adore the clapper because she wouldn't have to go into the down under to turn the lights off if Max forgot to.
5.
1. Freak and Max’s quests involve imagination. On there quests Freak imagines that houses are castles and pools are ponds and so on. They enjoy there quests because when there on a quest Max loves imagining thinks being different than they are.
2. My favorite quest was the one that I was just talking about with the houses being castles and the pools being ponds. I like this quest because I have been to many castles around the world and I loved looking at the exterior and the interior of them.
Post a Comment